Donnerstag, 20. September 2012

Lieber gut geklaut...

The room was dark, it looked like someone had to get out fast. A window open by the fire escape. "How long have you been following this guy?", the bell boy asked. "Not long enough, 'cause we got here too late."

She said: "I'm here on a shore leave." Though we were miles at sea. I pointed out this detail and forced her to agree, saying: "You must be the mermaid, who took King Neptune for a ride." And she smiled at me so sweetly, that my anger straightway died.

"Hello, darkness, my old friend, I've come to talk with you again." I check my look in the mirror. Wanna change my clothes, my hair, my face. "Man, I ain't getting nowhere. I'm just livin' in a dump like this. There's something happening somewhere. Baby, I just know there is. I can't help about the shape I'm in. I can't sing, I ain't pretty and my legs are thin. But don't ask me what I think of you. I might not give the answer that you want me to."

I've seen a rich man beg. I've seen a good man sin. I've seen a tough man cry. I've seen a loser win and a sad man grin. I heard an honest man lie. What good are these thoughts that I'm thinking? It must be better not to be thinking at all.

"There must be some way out of here", said the joker to the thief. "There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief. I've been waiting for something to happen for a week or a month or a year. With the blood in the ink of the headlines and the sound of the crowd in my ear." "But nobody never gonna tell you the way. You gotta figure it out, boys, and suffer the rain and the fools in the night and the heat of the day. When all you ever really wanted was someone to understand."

"So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain? Don't you think I know there's so many others, who would beg, steal, lie, fight, kill and die?" "I sneak around the corner with a blueprint of my lover. With a blueprint of my life I would better run for cover. Can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars?"

"You miss the beat, you lose the rhythm. And nothing falls into place. You've been through the fires of hell. And I know you've got the ashes to prove it. You better lose yourself in the music, the moment, you own it, you better never let it go. You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow. This opportunity comes once in a lifetime." And as I watched him on the stage my hands were clenched in fists of rage.

In the howlin' wind comes a stingin' rain. See it drivin' nails into the souls on the tree of pain. From the firefly a red orange glow. See the face of fear running scared in the valley below.